I currently offer a variety of consulting services to startups, focusing on engineering and product development areas. I’m based in the San Francisco Bay Area, but work remotely with companies globally.
Full-Stack Web Development
iOS App Development
Mobile & Web Design
Engineering Leadership & Management
Product Roadmap & Strategy
Healthcare Industry: Apps, Security & Privacy
Continuous Learning / Lean Startup Process
Automated Testing & TDD
Engineering Stack & Architecture Planning
How I Help
- Participating in architecture planning sessions to design solutions for major upcoming migrations and product changes
- Reviewing the technology frameworks, programming languages, and systems in place to ensure they are the best fit for the team’s current and future needs
- Performing thorough product reviews to provide feedback on user experience, customer fit, onboarding, branding, etc.
- Assisting in the implementation of powerful metrics tracking tools, and helping to foster a team mentality of experimentation to leverage the data for critical decisions
- Helping managers and team leads resolve personnel challenges, get the most out of each team member, and plan for growth
- Performing candidate interviews to assess fit for engineering and product talent
- Guiding the planning and execution of effective user research, facilitating a more user-centric design and development process
I’m a founder, engineer and teacher based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Below are some of the key roles I’ve held in the past (learn more on Linkedin):
Founder & CTO, Rested (part of Atomic Labs portfolio)
Principal Engineer, Oracle
Founding Engineer & Engineering Manager, Involver (acquired by Oracle)
Web Development Instructor, General Assembly
Thanks Salman. As a technical founder who didn't really have people management responsibilities before, I have learned valuable lessons from you. Highly recommend you to other first-time founders in similar positions to me - you make for a great coach with very practical advice!— Arvind Pereira (@ampereir) May 29, 2018
Salman is renown for the quality of his work and his ability to quickly identify the most elusive of issues. Even more unique is his cultural impact where he is liked by everyone he works with and sets a standard for behavior and energy that is hard to match. As a manager he brought this talent to bear, along with a genuine concern for his employees that was reflected by the growth they showed under his tutelage. Every one of his employees who I would speak to cited Salman as one of their favorite parts of their job. Salman is part of my dream team in any organization, and I cannot endorse him enough.
- Noah Horton, Founder/CEO @ Customer Science
Salman is one of the most conscientious and courteous people that I’ve worked with. He strives to ensure those around him are enlightened and empowered enough to get things done. Very technically minded, he has no problem rolling up his sleeves and working in a number of technologies. A great developer, educator, and leader, he is someone I would jump at the chance to work with again.
- Andrew Patterson, iOS Lead @ Emmetros
Salman is a serial entrepreneur with valuable experience in growing an idea and product from inception to acquisition. He has valuable knowledge in working on both sides of the fence in the entrepreneurial and corporate ecosystems. He is a charismatic speaker with a lot of practical and useful knowledge about Silicon Valley and start-up best practices. My clients enjoy his talks which are full of great humour and invaluable practical advice!
- Anca Eneca, Program Manager @ Legacy Ventures
If you’re interested in working with me, please get in touch below: