🦊 Hey there! I’m Salman. I write the Quick Brown Fox newsletter — it’s about creativity, curiosity and embracing a polymath lifestyle. Each edition features essays, art and resources shared in the spirit of learning in public. Here are some of my most popular essays:
- The Polymath Playbook — Society is built around specialists, but there are huge benefits to taking a polymath approach. This essay is the story of my life, and how I learned to embrace my inner polymath.
- Art of Persuasion — How to use Aristotle’s three modes of persuasion to improve the resonance of your writing.
- Why Bother? — Why sharing our work matters.
- Burden of Expectation — The key to our best work is overcoming our own expectations.
- Principles — My top operating principles after quitting my corporate job to focus on creative projects.
- Altering Your Reality — How to stop worrying about what other people think.
- Power of Feedback — A single letter can change a life.
If you’re a writer, be sure to check out my free online Writing Guide.
🐦 I’m @daretorant on Twitter — I spend a fair bit of time on there, so come say hi 👋🏽. You might enjoy this thread of my best threads.
🎩 I live my life embracing my inner polymath. I’ve worn a lot of hats — startup founder, CTO, web & iOS engineer, teacher, writer, illustrator and DJ, to name a few.
📚 I read a lot of books. Check out my favorite books, and please share yours! I spend a lot of energy trying to choose the right books to read, and recently wrote about what makes a book resonate.
🎨 I love to draw and enjoy illustrating comic-style characters. I’m also a huge fan of animation, and have been experimenting with animation tools using an iPad and Apple Pencil. I also really love drawing on paper with ballpoint pen.
You can follow all my art on Instagram — @salmanscribbles.